Below is a listing of the things you should be doing ahead of time. Coastal Residents should have most of this list, year round, but definitely before any storm season.
The Modern Conveniences
- Get Your Survival Kit together
- When you're collecting the supplies that will see
through the storm, make sure . . .
- First Aid - Medical
- It is a good idea to keep, at the very least, a basic "First Aid Kit" at all times. Keep it stocked with . . .
- Non-Perishable Foods
- This is only a suggested Non-perishable foods list for hurricane or other natural disasters. use this list as . . .
Ye ole Horseless Carriage
- If you can afford to buy some big-ticket items, they would be extremely handy during or after a hurricane. Some are . . .
Home in the Range
- Keep copies of your registration papers in your car. Keep the originals in a safe place, with your other important . . .
Condo & Apartment Specific
- 6a. Household
- Prepare your home for storm season by making any major repairs as early as practical. Make sure you have some type of window . . .
- 6b. The Family Pet
- Consider the family pet(s) early on to avoid mishaps with your pet. If you plan on boarding your pet make the arrangements . . .
Take Care of Your Boat
- Apartment and condo dwellers have needs that are
specific to living in large, multi-unit, usually . . .
And Finally the Paperwork
- There is no single best way to prepare your boat for a
hurricane. Advice varies greatly, depending on the . . .
- There are many documents you will need to have in your
possession when leaving or returning. But there . . .
• Home • Up • Survival Kit • Medical/First Aid • Non-Perishibles • Your Big Ticket • Your Car • Your Home • Your Pets • Your Condo • Your Boat • Your Documents •
October 27, 2006 11:32 AM.